Around town this weekend:
- On Saturday, I had lunch with five other bloggers at a pub in North York: Kevin and Ian, Jim, Hoomon, and One Anonymous Blogger (POGGe). All of them good guys with great blogs.
- The Danforth on a summer Saturday night has to be one of the best places to be in Toronto.
- La grande séduction (Seducing Dr. Lewis) is a very enjoyable movie from Québec, and was playing at the Music Hall this weekend. (Refer to the Festival Cinemas website.)
- Today I was riding my bike through Withrow Park and saw a rehersal for Shakespeare in the Rough. This year, they're putting on The Two Gentlemen of Verona from July 29-September 6. I went a few years ago to see Titus, and it was great -- just a few actors in costume performing on the grass between two trees. Refer to the website for schedule.
- I also went through Kensington Market where I witnessed my first Pedestrian Sunday. The crowds looked decent to me, so I hope the shopkeepers are satisfied. Live music was entertaining people on some streetcorners. If you check out the website you'll see that each Sunday has a theme. August 1st is the Fish Festival.