|Thoughts on the Ontario Budget|
- Well, I don't think it's what I would have done. On the other hand, I'm having trouble measuring it because of the lack of comparison points -- the last budget having been a sham, and all.
- I do stand by my previous criticism of the health premiums. POGGe agrees.
- No matter how good or bad this budget is, Ernie Eves has no credibility.
- Chiropractors, physiotherapists and optometrists must be sad. OHIP no longer covers their services.
I think that the withdrawal of OHIP coverage for eye exams -- specifically for children -- is wrong. We are going to have kids showing up for Kindergarden who can't see and whose development has been stunted because their eyes went uncorrected during their early childhood.
- According to 680 News, Toronto will collect $24-million on the gas tax transfer this year, $4-million more than expected.
- If the Ontario Liberals aren't even pretending the health premium isn't a promise-breaking tax increase, why didn't they do it right and raise this money with income tax instead? Give me one reason!
CORRECTION: Eye exams for people under 20, over 65, or with diabetes, glaucoma and cataracts, are all still covered.